Wednesday, June 30, 2010

RIP Rice Container


while cleaning my rice container a couple of weeks ago, it slipped from my hand and cracked leaving a big chunk in my hand. i knew straight away it was bad (i mean really really bad). it's NOT good! it's like seven years bad luck when you break a mirror kinda bad.

as my container was made of ceramic, my Husband suggested maybe we get a plastic one this time (not easy to break). what?! plastic! nnnooooo....yeah, you guessed it.....i'm not a big fan of plastic - give me bad luck anytime. anyway, plastic is not good for you and the environment in the long run lah.

so my poor Husband had to drive me all the way to Inanam (the pottery place that i normally go to) just to find that they didn't have the size that we wanted but the lady there suggested we go further down (before Berungis). luckily they had two left - asking price for the rice container was RM58 but my Husband @ The Bargainer got it for RM45 (it's one of the reason i keep him around - ha ha ha ha). i had always paid full price for everything till i met my Husband who kindly showed me the error of my way ;)

was feeling a bit peckish as we didn't manage to have lunch so we stopped to have early tea at one of the famous bun shop in Inanam. their peanut buns were sold out! *shakes head*

some photos of our "shopping" trip. didn't take a lot as the lady boss reluctantly gave permission to take pictures (i think the only reason she said okay was because we bought something). Husband said maybe she thought we were the competition. competitor? i'm promoting your place what! oh ya, didn't get a photo of the pottery's signboard as it started to rain - sorry.....



i liked this vase but it was HUGE and it wasn't the reason why we came :)

they had plants for sale too


i don't think these were for sale - they had a cute dog roaming around but it refused to keep still for me to take a decent shot of it - it wanted to play with me!

kopi ice (for me) & teh (for Husband) - really good kopi ice - love that they used recycle glass bottles
tausa and pineapple bun - that was the only buns left - their kacang tanah bun habis :(

my new rice container

0 comments: