Thursday, July 8, 2010

Baking Again

pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake, baker's man,
bake me a cake as fast as you can,
pat it and prick it and mark it with 'B',
and put it in the oven for baby and me.

i remember singing this rhyme to my little Girl when she was a toddler but can't think if i ever did it for my Boy - hmmm....

it's been a couple of months now since i've baked (a cake) - i did a batch of chocolate cookies last week which didn't turn out quite right (it was eatable though). kids liked it - they'll eat anything chocolate anyways.

my very basic butter cake so what you'll need:

250 gm flour (i use self raising)
250 gm butter
250 gm sugar (use less if you don't want it to be too sweet)
2 teaspoon vanilla
4 eggs

method:

beat sugar and butter till creamy. add eggs one at a time. then add the vanilla and mix in. next add the flour gradually and fold in. pour into the well lined tin and bake for 45 minutes at 150 degrees.

only reason my Girl will help me


just in case you're wondering what those black spots on my butter cake!

will be baking a chocolate cake tomorrow for my Mum to take back to S'kan for my Sister's birthday - yes, another chocolate lover!

0 comments: